SmartSpace Global is looking for an experienced, Senior UX Designer to join our Digital Experience team. We believe that beautiful, user-centered design is the key to success for our unique and highly visible suite of products that span a wide range of industries. You’ll tackle and transform complex tasks into intuitive, easy-to-use and even delightful solutions for users all over the world. This is an exceptionally collaborative position that will juggle multiple projects and work closely with colleagues and stakeholders, with plenty of room to start with why, test, iterate and grow.
In this position you will be a resident UX/UI expert and champion, working alongside other UX and product designers on the creative team, product managers and others to produce intuitive and engaging experiences that our clients will love. You should be an excellent communicator who is familiar with product lifecycles and agile methodologies. In this role you will have significant impact on the success of our product in the market. We are looking for a self-starter and true team player who will take initiative to get things done.
- Use personas, user flows, wireframes, rapid prototyping and other tools in your UX toolbelt to understand, test and validate decisions that will drive optimal user experience for our suite of products across digital platforms (web, mobile, applications).
- Be an expert voice advocating for user-centered design in all stages of the product development life cycle, in the development of new features and enhancements, as well as updating existing interfaces.
- Be a data champion who is comfortable decoding Google Analytics, using online investigative tools such as FullStory, or developing and running AB tests, usability tests (both live and online).
- Collaborate with peers in an ongoing, iterative creative review process.
- Be a storyteller, articulate the story and thought process behind decisions in presentations to stakeholders.
Requirements for Success:
- 5+ years UX/UI experience working in a fast-paced digital setting.
- Background in or strong familiarity with visual design and digital product development.
- Strong penchant for creative problem solving, with a keen eye for detail.
- Radical empathy and unending curiosity, with a strong desire to understand what motivates and challenges our users.
- Skilled with Sketch and InVision.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Humility, a strong desire to learn and ability to accept and manage feedback.
- Highly organised & collaborative.
- Ability to grasp client needs and balance practical solutions with innovative thinking.
- Love the work you do.
Helpful for Success:
- BA/BS in Arts/Technology or certificate program completion in UX Design.
- Data analytics and visualization experience a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, being married or in a civil partnership, or gender reassignment.
- Candidates should be within commuting distance of Luton, albeit working from home arrangements are in place due to COVID-19.
- Competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance and other employee perks.
- Candidate details will be shared with Four Winds Interactive US-based recruitment team, in order to progress applications.
About SmartSpace Global
and Four Winds Interactive:
SmartSpace Global, a Four Winds Interactive (FWI) company, is the leading provider of resource scheduling applications for the corporate workplace. At the heart of the SmartSpace solution is our powerful workplace platform, connecting six integrated modules, all via a user-friendly mobile app. This is an exciting time for us, having recently joined the FWI family and with some fantastic opportunities ahead. We’ve got a bold vision to change the way the world uses Smart technology and this role offers the opportunity of being a part of this.
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform drives Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world.
We are a values-driven organisation that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.